Making sales is crucial to your business success and it all starts with first impressions. When customers look at your business, what do you want them to see? What do you want them to know? Give them the inside scoop into your meal prep business with a story, a guide, and product details. This will draw them in and keep them interested, so you can increase your profit.
It All Starts with a Website…
The food service industry is visual, so you need to ensure you have a captivating, viewable presence. This starts with a website that shows what you offer. A food delivery system that creates a website for you is your ticket. It has images, words, and automation features, encouraging your customers to hit that “check out” button with ease.
What’s Your Story?
Every business has a story and the more you can connect to your audience, the higher chance you have of getting them as customers. The story of how your business started, where it is now, and what the future holds are crucial factors to have front and centre on your meal prep website. When people can relate to something you tell them, you have more chance of winning their business.
Show off personality and make sure your story ties into what your brand is about. Building a connection allows people to understand your business’s values because it aids in their decision to choose you over a competitor.
Add to your story with these tips that help draw customers into ordering your food.
- Community Involvement: If you are involved in the community, showcase this somewhere on your website. It humanizes your brand and draws an audience in through emotion.
- Honours: Highlight awards and recognitions your business may have received. Evidence of greatness encourages people to confidently order food from you.
- Reviews: Positive reviews from previous customers raving about your food and service is another way to build consumer confidence. Remember to respond to your Google reviews to show you are interested in what people have to say.
Be A Guide
A little help can go a long way. When offering a food delivery service, you will benefit from making it user-friendly. Some things to consider are:
- Quick Load Times: People have busy lives and short attention spans when browsing the internet. They want and need to get to the information they want in a short period, or they may head to another site
- Easy Navigation: When you want to find something, it can be frustrating to search for it. Take the guessing game out of your meal prep business website and let people find the pages they need at a glance.
- Clear Instructions: People hate overcomplicated processes so make your food delivery easy with simple, step-by-step instructions on how to order off your website.
Detail is key when it comes to operating any business, especially one that involves food. When it comes time to place an order, your customer wants to ensure they know what they are getting. Each dish should have a mini-story with listed ingredients. There are many people with allergies, so you want to let them know what’s in the dishes they desire.
Remember to focus on telling your brand’s story, highlighting your inspiration to tie everything together. For instance, if you are vegetarian and have a meal prep business your menu items should focus on your love of vegetables and perhaps a special ingredient that you always loved growing up.
The right words can make a huge difference when it comes to ordering. Use words that are positive, and exciting, and describe your foods’ texture, taste, and how it is prepared. Here are some examples of descriptive words you may want to incorporate in your food descriptions:
When Creating Your Menu
Coming up with meal prep dishes can be tricky but these tips will help you succeed.
- Understand Your Customer – It is important to make dishes that your customers will like so always consider your target audience and cater to them. Perhaps the clientele you have and want is focused on a healthy lifestyle. You can create dishes that are high in antioxidants, have some protein, are rich in fibre, and have little to no negative calories.
- Delivery Ease – When coming up with meals think of what will transfer well. Make sure the dishes on your food delivery menu hold up during the delivery process. Packaging plays a huge role in transporting food, so consider the ability of the containers to keep items at temperature and intact.
What Makes Your Business Unique?
Everything from your website to the descriptions on it should be unique to your brand. What makes you stand out is what gets you clients. Your food delivery system is a platform to showcase your one-of-a-kind meal prep business. At Meal Prep Tech, we help you take flight on delivering food to customers so they can enjoy an excellent meal in the comfort of their homes.